Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery are common in all countries of the world, it's one of the processes that represent a new hope for all of us suffer from morbid obesity and the risks to public health, in this article shed light on this process and the importance of the owners of the excess weight.
What is the laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery is a process that seeks to reduce the natural size of the stomach and reduce it so that the amount of food it carries is about 200 ml instead of 1.5 liters, to reduce the amount of food entering it and thus reducing weight in a short period after performing this operation, by changing the way that goes Where food is naturally inside the stomach and intestines.
The Laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery controls the body’s absorption of all nutrients such as vitamins, carbohydrates, minerals, and proteins, so that is ideal in order to maintain daily calories and in turn reduce weight.
Buy bodybuilding anabolic steroid, buy anabolic steroid dianabol – testosterone enanthate balla gaye 2 very determined, shows off her moment in weight room (video).
Advantages of laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
- you will find a significant difference in weight before and after the surgery, and weight reduction will undoubtedly lead to improved health.
- Your stomach will feel full quickly, which keeps you healthy in general.
- The symptoms of chronic diseases such as diabetes, stress and heart diseases, which are mainly related to obesity and overweight, will disappear.
- The recovery period is short, and after only a week you can continue your daily life as normal.
- The duration of the surgery is only a quarter of an hour, and the patient does not need a long stay in the hospital, as he can be discharged one day after the surgery.
What are the candidates for laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery?
Several cases can perform laparoscopic gastric bypass or laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery , so what are these cases?
People over the age of 18 up to the age of 65 can safely undergo laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery.
The surgery can be performed for all people who weigh more than 40 kilograms from their ideal weight.
There are some diseases that hinder this process, such as cancerous tumors, liver and kidney diseases, and others.
Is there pain after the procedure of laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery?
The patient does not feel any pain, because of the endoscopic technique that differs from the traditional surgery known as open surgery, where the endoscopic technique depends on making a small incision in the upper abdominal cavity, then the doctor inserts the endoscopic tube equipped with a tiny camera with other tools to remove part of the stomach Thus, it is reduced in size from the normal size.
Things you should do before performing laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
It is better to do some things that are necessary before the operation:
- Avoid smoking completely for at least a month before the surgery.
- Eating food that is full of healthy and balanced nutrients in the period before the surgery.
- Reducing food that is full of sugars or triglycerides that are dangerous to the health of the body.
- Drink enough fluids that are beneficial for the body, in addition to drinking enough water to avoid constipation.
- Fasting from food and drink at least 12 hours before the surgery.
One of the successful experiences of the laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
What happens after the laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
- After the surgery, you can return to your normal life completely, within 5 days or a week at most.
- You will lose about 70% of your weight before the surgery, and you will reach the ideal weight that you should reach in your case within a year from the date of the surgery.
- After the surgery, you will take many nutritional supplements, which are necessary during the recovery period, and to obtain an ideal weight and strong health after the surgery.
- Your health greatly improves after getting rid of obesity and the dangers it causes, such as some diseases that you may suffer from, such as diabetes, blood pressure diseases, atherosclerosis and heart.
Among the tips that you must follow after the operation to get all the benefits of the laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery, to organize the daily food and get all the nutrients beneficial to the body, and to follow the medical advice through the periodic follow-up with the doctor.
Important precautions to avoid after laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery
After the gastric sleeve surgery, you can practice your daily life normally, but with some important medical precautions, such as:
- Completely avoid not adhering to the ideal diet prescribed to you, because this may affect the process of stomach healing. The greater the commitment to the diet, the more the stomach will improve and the shorter the healing period.
- Eating in large quantities. If you eat and reach the point of complete satiety, this exposes you to a full stomach and some symptoms may occur such as vomiting and feeling sick.
- Do not drink water while eating, especially in the first month after the surgery.
- Do not eat solid food that may harm the stomach during the recovery period, as you must continue to eat soft foods for at least the first month after the surgery.
- Don't forget to take your medications and nutritional supplements, such as vitamins and minerals, as prescribed by your doctor.
In all cases, you must follow the medical advice that the doctor prescribes for you immediately after the surgery, so as not to suffer any serious complications.
Dr. Mohamed Tag El-din consultant bariatric surgery and laparoscopic surgery of the gastrointestinal tract is The best gastric sleeve surgeon in Egypt He works to provide the best medical services to patients before and after surgeries.