Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery
Do you suffer from excess weight and represent a big life problem? Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery is one of the important solutions that help you get rid of excess weight and the multiple risks of obesity on your health, helping you reduce the amount of food through modern medical techniques.
If you suffer from obesity and overweight problems and have not found definitive solutions to get rid of these health problems, this article will answer all the questions that concern you.
What is the gastric bypass surgery?
It is a process that depends on reducing the amount of daily food that you eat, and this is after cutting the stomach and diverting the food path so that the remaining part of the stomach is connected to the intestine, where the stomach reduces the degree of absorption of food by the body and thus reduces calories Or make it at a normal level that the body needs without extra calories that turn into fat.
What is medical technology used in the Laparoscopic Gastric bypass?
Gastric bypass surgery depends on the endoscopic technique, where the doctor makes 4 to 5 small incisions in the abdominal area, then cuts and staples the stomach through surgical staplers in the upper area of the stomach.
After the stomach is stapled, the endoscope connects the lower part of the stomach to the intestine, so that food is allowed to move into the intestine until the digestive absorption process takes place, and then exit directly from the body through the process of excretion, as this process aims to not remain food in the body for long periods.
What are the advantages of the Laparoscopic Gastric bypass?
- Bypass surgery helps you lose weight in a shorter time compared to other surgeries.
- After this operation, you can control your weight in the period after the operation and in the long term.
- Avoid the many problems and complications that may affect you due to excessive obesity, as obesity results in many problems such as heart disease, blood pressure, atherosclerosis, shortness of breath, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases, but with it, your health will improve in a short period.
Gastric sleeve surgery, gastric bypass and correction of stapling surgeries with Dr. Mohamed Tag
What are the gastric bypass surgery cases?
There are many cases that have to be subjected to this process, these cases are:
- People with a body mass index of more than 40 kilograms.
- Men who weigh more than 40 kilograms from their normal weight.
- Women who weigh 36 or more than normal.
- All cases that suffer from excessive obesity risks, as many chronic diseases such as the ones we mentioned a while ago.
Before and after the process is successful with Dr. Mohamed Tag
Medical advice before gastric bypass surgery
Tips to follow, If you decide to undergo this operation.
- If you are between 18 and 65 years old, this is a normal and ideal age
- Carrying out all the medical tests that the doctor asks you to do, such as body mass and weight checks, and any other comprehensive checks on the body.
- Not be suffering from any chronic disease, as this may greatly prevent this operation.
- If you are a smoker you'll have to stop smoking long enough so as not to affect the recovery period, as smoking is known to impede the healing process of wounds after any operation.
Medical advice for post-laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery
The post-operative phase is very important, and the patient’s daily food must be organized during it, and he must follow these tips:
- Maintaining the integrated elements in food, such as getting daily protein through meat, poultry and legumes, vitamins through vegetables and fruits, as well as an amount of carbohydrates and fats, among others.
- Eat a small amount of soft food at each meal.
- Chew food well and slowly.
- Drinking juices and water is necessary in the post-operative period, but beware of drinking water, for example, during meals.
- Taking supplements daily and regularly such as minerals and vitamins are necessary at this stage, and these supplements calcium citrate and vitamin B-12 dietary supplements that contain minerals for the main.
- Avoid excessive intake of sugary foods such as soft drinks, chocolate, sugar-sweetened juices and sweets of all kinds, as well as preserved foods that contain a large percentage of calories.
- any way; The doctor will provide you with a list of these tips, especially with regard to the daily diet for the post-operative period, and you must follow them completely.
Laparoscopic gastric bypass for diabetics
Do you suffer from diabetes? It may be one of the solutions that will reduce the symptoms of diabetes, especially if you suffer from a large weight, which in turn affects the increase in symptoms of diabetes, where doctors advise in this case that it is necessary to perform Laparoscopic gastric bypass for diabetics.
What are the benefits for a diabetic patient when he undergoes bypass surgery?
In fact, there are great benefits to them, which are:
- Reducing the large body weight, which constitutes a major obstacle to recovery from diabetes or reducing its symptoms.
- Regulating the secretion of hormones secreted by the stomach, and scientists have concluded that disturbances in the secretion process have a negative role on the pancreas, which in turn secretes insulin, which works to regulate blood sugar, thus reducing the symptoms of diabetes.
- The operation represents the treatment of many health aspects that diabetics suffer from, such as high blood pressure and high triglycerides, as it works to control blood pressure and reduce lipids, which improves health in general.
- For women who suffer from complications of diabetes related to delayed childbearing, the operation represents a definitive solution to this problem, especially ovarian cysts, which affect the occurrence of the reproductive process.